SmartOTDR™ Handheld Fiber Tester
Viavi Solutions, formerly JDSU, designs and manufactures products for optical communications networks, as well as communications test and measurement equipment.
SmartOTDR™ 100A/B Series
The affordable, easy-to-use handheld tester for techs at any level
The lightweight and compact SmartOTDR speeds and optimizes field testing of metro and access networks—with a tailored OTDR interface and automatic analysis that any technician can understand.
The SmartOTDR essential handheld fiber tester is an affordable, easy-to-use device for techs at any level, with robust wireless connectivity options that increase productivity anywhere. It integrates all the essential fiber test requirements into a single device with OTDR measurement, fiber end face analysis, optical loss testing and visual fault locator.
With SmartOTDR, generic or user-defined setup configurations eliminate setup errors and maintain results consistency. One-touch operation and a single results window ensure fast and easy measurements, while robust wireless connectivity options increase productivity anywhere.
Several connectivity options (3G/4G smartphones via USB and optional Bluetooth/WiFi) enable remote control as well as data and work-order transfers to-and-from tablets, smartphones, and computers. The SmartOTDR quickly resolves field issues in real time, and optional SmartAccess Anywhere (SAA) can open a tunnel in the cloud so a technician can remotely access and operate the instrument. Compatible with a wide range of cloud servers (WebDAV service providers), the SmartOTDR can also instantly share measurement reports using onboard FastReport .pdf report generation. SmartOTDR includes a one-year trial of cloud-based StrataSync™ for asset, configuration, and test-data management, and to ensure that all instruments have the latest software and options installed.
- Ensures fast and easy measurements
One touch operation, automatic analysis, and tailored OTDR user interface for different skill level
- Manage data from anywhere in the network
Several connectivity options (3G/4G smartphones via USB and optional Bluetooth/WiFi) enable remote control as well as data and work-order transfers to-and-from tablets, smartphones, and computers.
- Reduces cost of ownership
Three year warranty as standard coverage
- Optimizes field operations
Light, ultra compact, hands-free design and an extended autonomy up to 20 hours
- Characterize point-to-point access & metro fiber networks
- Qualify and troubleshoot FTTH/PON networks
- Qualify and troubleshoot singlemode FTTA/DAS front haul
- Single-/dual-/tri-wavelength versions with 1310, 1550, and in-service 1625 nm wavelengths
- PON optimized to test through a 1x128 splitter
- Automated fiber inspection pass/fail analysis software
- Integrated CW light source on OTDR port
- Built-in optical power meter and VFL options
- Large 5-inch touch screen display