Viavi Solutions, formerly JDSU, designs and manufactures products for optical communications networks, as well as communications test and measurement equipment.
PowerChek OP-1 Optical Power Meter
SmartPocket OMK-34/-35/-38 Optical Test Kits
SmartClass Fiber OLP-82,-82P
PowerChek is an innovative new optical power meter that equips fiber technicians with the ability to complete jobs faster, correctly, and on time – the first time. This compact instrument not only measures optical power, but also provides additional benefits that allow users to ensure safe measurements, document results, generate reports, and integrate with other devices to enable numerous additional capabilities.
- Eliminate the test lead when measuring optical power
- PowerChek connects directly with the bulkhead being tested by utilizing PowerChek connectors that attach to the device.
- Always ensure a safe test
By contacting the ferrule, instead of the fiber, the PowerChek will not damage the link under test.
- Easily access your connections in any location
Adjustable arm optimizes access to connector ports in densely populated and difficult to reach locations.
- Pair with your mobile device over Bluetooth
Use with FiberChekMOBILE app to measure & store readings in real-time, generate reports, and share results via email, etc.
- Measure power and loss in general and high power applications in long-haul, metro, access and local area networks with wavelengths ranging from 780 to 1625 nm.
- Use with a Viavi light source to detect modulation frequency and identify individual fibers.
- Integrate with both FiberChekPRO and FiberChekMOBILE to run tests, export data, provide certification reports and manage acceptance criteria.
- Inter-changeable PowerChek connectors provide direct testing to bulkhead port.
- PowerChek connectors available in multiple types, including SC, LC, LC-APC, SC-APC, and more.
- Bluetooth enabled for pairing with other devices.
- Micro-USB port for PC connection to FiberChekPRO or charge device.
- Store up to 125 test results directly on the device.
- Touch-screen display.
- Re-chargeable Li-ion battery provides 12 hours of continuous use.
The Viavi SmartPocket Optical Test Kits include a light source (OLS-3x), a power meter (OLP-3x), and additional accessories.
- Essential fiber test sets for singlemode and multimode network applications
- Auto-wavelength and TWINtest features for saving test time and error-free testing
- Permanent reference power level storage
- Fast download results using the USB port
- Report generation with OFS-355 software
- The OMK-34 is a dual-wavelength optical test kit with a single-port LED source (OLS-34) and a power meter with a universal push/pull adapter (UPP) interface (OLP-34) for power and loss measurement in singlemode and multimode LAN/WAN and Enterprise.
- The OMK-36 is a quad-wavelength optical test kit with a dual-port light source (OLS-36) and a power meter with a UPP interface (OLP-35) for singlemode and multimode power and loss measurement.
- The OMK-35 is a dual-wavelength optical test kit with a single-port laser source (OLS-35) and a power meter with a UPP interface (OLP-35) for singlemode power measurement and loss test in access and metro networks.
- The OMK-38 is a dual-wavelength optical test kit with a single-port laser source (OLS-35) and a power meter with a UPP interface (OLP-38) for singlemode power and loss measurement especially in high power CATV networks.
SmartClass Fiber is a product family of handheld test tools that integrate fiber inspection, optical testing and PASS/FAIL certification together in a single device. With SmartClass Fiber, technicians obtain ultimate flexibility and performance in a powerful, yet easy to use solution that can turn any technician into an instant fiber expert.
- Get the job done fast and correctly on the first time
- Achieve PASS/FAIL analysis on a handheld device
- Automatically certifies fiber end face condition and provides optical test measurements with simplicity that turns even new technicians into instant fiber experts.
- Prove that your quality of work meets industry standards and customer specifications.
- Use it anywhere
- Measurement of optical power (absolute and relative)
- Measurement of optical insertion loss
- Inspecting fiber end faces – both patch cord and bulkhead
- Modern user interface with 3.5” color touch screen.
- Automated PASS/FAIL analysis for fiber inspection and optical tests.
- Integrated patchcord microscope version.
- On Board storage of fiber inspection and test results.
- Integrated reporting capability and off line certification software to create customized reports.
Dimensions (H x W x D)
OLP-82: 20.83 x 11.18 x 6.35 cm (8.2 x 4.4 x 2.5 in)
OLP-82P: 20.83 x 152.4 x 6.35 (8.2 x 60 x 2.5 in)