2 Kits Just Arrived - Brand New and Ready To Ship!
Special Pricing - Only $6500 Kit - Don't Wait These Units Won't Last!
We make every effort to keep our website up to date. However, refurbished splicers move quickly, please call 877-287-7535 to check availability.
Fitel S178A-EX900-V2 Splicer
Fitel Kits Includes:
- S178A-V2 Splicer Main Body
- S326A One-Step High Precision Cleaver
- S211B Fiber Stripper
- S712S-900 900um Fiber Holders
- S976A AC Adaptor for S178
- AC Power cord M
- S943B Battery for S178 (Qty 2)
- HCC-01 Hard Carrying Case
- Shoulder Strap
- S178A User's Manual
Authorized OFS Fitel Distributor
The S178 V2 Fusion Splicer has been enhanced with new features to promote ease of use. The splicer is updated to automatically charge the battery internally (when connected to AC main power) even during operation. The new illumination lamp lights up a wide area around the V-grooves and improves operation in low light environment. The redesigned and strengthened heater simplifies the protection sleeve loading process.
Equipped with a new alignment system that can save up to 20% on splicing time, the S178 V2 Splicer's improved heating mechanism can also reduce protection sleeve shrink time by more than 30%. In addition, a newly incorporated USB 2.0 interface speeds PC communication and image/video transfer, while enhancing reliability.
- Internal battery charging
- Illumination lamp lights up a wide area around v-grooves
- User friendly LCD display offers 4 different X/Y image layouts
- Displays immediate results with simplified splice result indicator red / green icon
- Rugged and compact handheld design endures harsh environmental conditions
- Fast splicing (7 seconds) at super low loss and fast heating (25 seconds) (by using semi-auto mode for splicing and pre-eating mode for heating)
- 200 cycles (splicing & heating) with new battery configuration
- Available for all METRO/LAN/FTTX fibers including ultra bend-optimized fibers (e.g. EZ-Bend® Fibers)
- Splicer is compatible with the OFS, Diamond (Diamond is a registered trademark of Diamond SA) and Seikoh Giken (Seikoh Giken is a registered trademark of SEIKOH GIKEN CO., LTD) Splice-on-Connectors (SOC)
- Easy maintenance - Easy electrode replacement/ mirror-free alignment system
- Easy software upgrade via the Internet
- Easily exchanged fiber holder systems (tight holder/fiber holder/SOC holder)
- PC interface software provides for user management of splicing programs and results
- Auto-start shrink sleeve oven feature
- Improved Graphical User Interface (GUI) to further enhance ease of use
- Simplified splicer and heater programming
- Large memory for storage of splice data (2,000) and images (100)
- RoHS compliant