The FTB-500 platform brings you new, highly advanced applications and pushes your current ones’ efficiency to new heights. So go ahead: break new ground, set new test performance standards, tame new technologies. Benefit from an all-in-one platform that you can build around your most unique requirements.
The FTB-500 can house any of EXFO’s FTB plug-and-play modules, enabling you to reconfigure your test solution as your test needs evolve. Combine physical and optical characterization applications with transport and datacom test modules covering nextgeneration 10G, 40G and 100G analysis.
The FTB-500 4-slot or 8-slot platforms designed for advanced applications
When you’re ready to start your day, you want to get it started quickly. The FTB-500 “understands” this, enabling you expedite the setup process and get down to testing so that you can get to your next location faster and breeze through your tight day-to-day schedule.
Please call 877-287-7535 for more information.
- Connects anywhere: USB, 3G, Wi-Fi, VPN and Bluetooth
- Loaded with utilities: All the tools required to maximize field testing, plus third-party applications
- Like a PC: Intel processor with Windows Embedded Standard operating system
- EXFO Connect-compatible: Automated asset management; data goes through the cloud and into a dynamic database
- GPS capabilities: Accurate coordinates under the same conditions as a regular satellite GPS receiver
FTB-500 8-Slot Platform
Distributed PMD analysis
Single-ended, span-by-span measurement of PMD, enabling targeted fiber upgrades and cost-effective deployment of 10, 40 and 100 Gbit/s transmission.
Full fiber characterization
PMD, CD and OTDR testing combined in a single solution, for in-depth fiber characterization. Run FastReporter post-processing software while performing your acquisitions, for faster data analysis and report generation—directly on-site.
100 Gbit/s testing applications
The most advanced hardware, ready for future 100 Gbit/s applications.
ROADM/POTS and 40 Gbit/s testing
Integrated optical and transport testing in a portable solution supporting OC-768, STM-256, OTU3 as well as true in-band OSNR for ROADMs, 40G transmission and UDWDM signals.
All-in-one transport and datacom configuration supporting:
- DS0/E0 to OC-768/STM-256
- OTU1/OTU2/OTU3/OTU1e/OTU2e with FEC
- 10/100M, Gigabit Ethernet and 10 Gigabit Ethernet (LAN/WAN)
- 1x/2x/4x/10x Fibre Channel
- Next-generation SONET/SDH (GFP, LO/HO VCAT and LCAS)
FTB-500 4-Slot Platform
ROADM and PTN turn-up testing
Combines SONET/SDH, OTN, Ethernet and Fibre Channel analysis, as well as an optical spectrum analyzer with a built-in polarization controller.
CWDM turn-up testing
Integrates two metro/CWDM OTDRs and a high-power—up to 23 dBm—optical spectrum analyzer (with built-in polarization controller) into a single portable solution.
Simultaneously runs a 10 gigabit next-generation SONET/SDH analyzer, as well as 1 gigabit and 10 gigabit Ethernet analyzers, delivering IPTV test capabilities and TCP throughput assessment.
Gigabit/10 gigabit Ethernet configurations
- Gigabit Ethernet analyzer, OTDR and optical spectrum analyzer with polarization controller
- Gigabit Ethernet analyzer, 10 gigabit Ethernet analyzer and OTDR