Dead Zone Eliminator® - Series 4 DZE®
The DZE® OTDR Launch Cables are available in mulitmode or singlemode.
You choose the connector type and cable length.
The Series 4 DZE® OTDR Launch Cable is designed to aid in the testing of fiber optic cable when using an OTDR to help minimize the effects of the OTDR's launch pulse on measurement uncertainty. Using a DZE® launch cable at the beginning of the fiber under test and a DZE® receive cable at the end of the fiber under test allows the ability to perform loss measurements on entire length of the fiber.
The light weight unit measures only 7” in diameter and 2” high and includes a carabiner clip allowing the unit to be easily attached to belts, equipment straps and rack mounts. Units are available in any length up to 1500 meters with a choice of a variety of connectors in order to connect to virtually all OTDR and patch panel ports.
Launch Cable Applications
- OTDR Launch/Receive Cable
- Equipment Calibration
- System emulation of loss, time delay and reflectance
- Use as a launch and receive (tail) lead at each end of the fiber under test in order to comply with optical link testing standards ISO/IEC 14763-32006
Pricing varies depending on cable length and connector style. Please see the options below and call for 877-287-7535 for pricing.
- Hinged protective cover for leads. Lid can be closed when leads are extended
- Use as a Pulse Suppressor, OTDR Launch Box, Delay Line, Product Demonstrations, Training, Calibration
- Prevents fiber damage and stress during use or transportation
- Leads wrap in the same direction for quick, easy access and storage
- Carabiner Clip included allows unit to be attached to equipment straps, belts, lanyards and rack mounts
- Extremely light weight, easy to carry, small/low profile design portable for field use
- Measures only 7"x7"X2"
- Singlemode 9/125, Multimode 62.5/125, Multimode 50/125 OM2 and Multimode 50/125 OM3
- Fiber lengths up to 1500 meters
- Custom length configurations available
Connectors Styles/Codes for Leads