CFOT Training Program - 3 Day Course - $895
Offered in Partnership with Techtricians
Techtricians is a registered training site for the Fiber Optic Association (FOA) and each of our courses includes the Certified Fiber Optic Technician (CFOT) exam credential and annual enrollment into the FOA. Most of our programs are BICSI accredited for 22 Continuing Education Credits (CECs) per 3-day session, which is a tremendous value for BICSI professionals.
- Those already working in or just getting started in fiber optics
- Designers, contractors and installers of fiber optic cable plants
- Users of fiber optic cable plants and communications systems involved in designing and managing networks
- May be used as preparation for the FOA CFOT Exam which covers the same basic material in this course
- Novice - wanting to know about fiber optics
- Technician - enhancing their knowledge, preparing for FOA CFOT exam
- CFOT (review) - enhancing and updating their knowledge
What You Will Learn In This Self-Study Program:
- What is fiber optics?
- How is it used in communications?
- How does a fiber optic link transmit signals?
- What components are used in fiber optic cable plants?
- How are fiber optic cables spliced and terminated?
- How does one test a fiber optic cable plant or network?
- What is involved in designing a fiber optic network?
- How are fiber optic cable plants installed?
Lecture Lesson 1: Introduction, Overview, Standards, Safety Lab Introduction, Safety in Working with Fiber Optic
Lecture Lesson 2: Fiber Optic Jargon - The Language of Fiber Optics Lab Fiber Optic Tools and Equipment
Lecture Lesson 3: Fiber Optic Communications Lab Fiber Optic Tools and Equipment
Lecture Lesson 4: Fiber Optic Transmission Systems and Components Lab Fiber Optic Cables
Lecture Lesson 5: Optical Fiber Lab Fiber Optic Cables Preparation
Lecture Lesson 6: Fiber Optic Cables Lab Fiber Optic Termination
Lecture Lesson 7: Termination and Splicing Lab Fiber Optic Splicing
Lecture Lesson 8: Fiber Optic Testing Lab Fiber Optic Testing
Lecture Lesson 9: Fiber Optic Network Design Lecture Lesson 10: Fiber Optic Network Installation