CFOS Training Program - 2 Day Course - $895
Offered in Partnership with Techtricians - Please Call For Course Dates
Techtricians is a registered training site for the Fiber Optic Association (FOA) and each of our courses includes the Certified Fiber Optic Technician (CFOT) exam credential and annual enrollment into the FOA. Most of our programs are BICSI accredited for 22 Continuing Education Credits (CECs) per 3-day session, which is a tremendous value for BICSI professionals.
- Those already working in or just getting started in fiber optics
- Designers, contractors and installers of fiber optic cable plants
- Users of fiber optic cable plants and communications systems involved in designing and managing outside plant networks
- May be used as preparation for the FOA Outside Plant Specialist Certification (CFOS/O) Exam which covers the same basic material in this course
- Novice - wanting to know about outside plant fiber optics
- Technician - enhancing their knowledge, preparing for FOA CFOS/O exam
- CFOT - enhancing and updating their knowledge
What You Will Learn In This Self-Study Program:
- What is fiber optics and how is it used in the outside plant?
- How is it used in communications?
- How does a fiber optic link transmit signals?
- What components are used in fiber optic cable plants?
- How are fiber optic cables spliced and terminated?
- How does one test a fiber optic cable plant or network?
- What is involved in designing a fiber optic network?
- How are fiber optic cable plants installed?
Lecture Lesson 7: Termination and Fusion Splicing
Lab Fiber Optic Fusion Splicing
Lesson Plan No. 1: Overview of fiber optic testing
Lesson Plan No. 2: Fiber optic test parameters and instruments
Lesson Plan No. 3: Visual inspection, tracing and fault location
Lesson Plan No. 4: Testing the cable plant, insertion loss testing
Lesson Plan No. 5: OTDR Testing
Lesson Plan No. 6: Testing for components, networks and troubleshooting
Review for exam